|From Tet Festival 2010 – Wanneroo Showgrounds|
2013 Year of the Snake
Tết or Vietnamese Lunar New Year is the most important Vietnamese festival of the year. Since our early days of settlement in Western Australia, the Vietnamese Community had organised the Tet celebration annually.
Traditionally, the Vietnamese people take an entire week to celebrate Tết. It is the time for family reunions, commemoration of ancestors, harmony and exchange of best wishes, special food, new clothes, new beginnings and other festive activities. The few days at the start of the year are the most important days. All activities are undertaken with great care to ensure that people will have happiness, good fortune and longevity throughout the year. Tết is also an occasion for pilgrims and family reunions. During Tết, Vietnamese visit their relatives and temples, forgetting about the troubles of the past year and hoping for a better upcoming year.
2013 Year of the Snake
About Vietnamese Community in Australia / WA
The Vietnamese Community in Australia/WA Chapter is a non-profit organization, which was formed in 1978 by Vietnamese who love Freedom and consists of all Vietnamese Australians and permanent resident Vietnamese who are permanently living in Western Australia, regardless of their gender, religion, and organization as long as they share the same purpose of serving Vietnamese Community;
The Vietnamese Community in Western Australia is a member of Vietnamese Community in Australia (VCA);
The Association is the formal and unique body of the Vietnamese Community in Australia to represent Vietnamese community who are living in Western Australia.
- Promote and Preserve Vietnamese Culture in Australia in line with the Multicultural policy of Australia. (e.g. Organise and encourage Vietnamese-Australian people to participate in Vietnamese traditional and cultural events such as Tết Festival, Lantern festival, and King Hung & the Trung Sisters Commemoration)
- Assist the Vietnamese refugees, migrants and their families to successfully integrate into the Australian multicultural society.
- Create and enhance a communal spirit among the various associations and members in the Vietnamese Community.
- Promote cross cultural understanding and community harmony.
- Name of the organisation presenting the event: Vietnamese Community in Australia/WA Inc
- Postal address: Unit 4, 151-155 Brisbane St, Perth WA 6000
- ABN: 78 936 522 494
- Contact person’s name: Dr Anh Nguyen
- Contact phone number(s): 0488 042 182
- Contact email address: email@example.com
- Name of the event: Tết Festival – Vietnamese Lunar New Year Festival 2012
- Date(s) of the event: Fri 15th & Sat 16th Feb 2013 (Start Time: Fri 6pm to 11 pm and Sat 6pm to 11pm)
- Location / Venue: Wanneroo Showgrounds, Cnr Wanneroo Rd & Ariti Avenue, Wanneroo.
- Expected level of participation: 10 000 over the two days of Festival
- Organised by the Vietnamese Community in Australia/WA Chapter with the participation of various associations within the community, its members, other ethnic communities and the general public.
Profile of VIP guests from previous years:
- Mr Colin Barnett, Premier of Western Australia
- Mr Eric Ripper, Leader of the Opposition
- Mr Jon Kelly, Mayor of City of Wanneroo
- Councillor Nguyet-Anh Truong, City of Wanneroo
- Representatives from the Labor Party
- Mr Luke Simpkins MP Federal Member for Cowan
- Mr Paul Miles MLA, Member for Wanneroo
- President of the Vietnamese Community in Australia/WA Chapter Mr Peter Le
- Vietnamese Buddhist Association of WA Mr Le Tan Kiet
- Vietnamese Senior Association of WA Mr Nguyen Cong Tanh
- Vietnamese Women Association Mrs Dong Thi Hong
- Vietnamese Veteran Association Mr Nguyen Van Thanh
- Vietnamese Cultural and Language School Mr Nguyen Ngoc Ngoan
- Vietnamese Youth and Student Association Mrs Tran Quynh Giao
- Vietnamese Student Association Miss Anna Pham
- Vietnamese Cultural Association Mr Tran Vinh Hue
- Viet Tan (Vietnam Reform Party) Mr Tran Trung Hieu
- Vietnamese Professional Society in WA Mr Tran Trung Hieu
- Vietnamese Catholic Community of WA Father Huynh Nguyen
- Quan The Am Buddhist Association Thich Nu Chon Dao
- The Vietnamese Buddhist Congregation Ven.Thich Phuoc Nhon
- Chanh Tin Vietnamese Buddhist Youth Association Mr Nguyen Thuong Dat
- Cao Dai Association of WA Mr Huynh Duoc
- Hoa Hao Buddhist Association Mr Ho Huu Phoi
- And others VIPs
- Delicious foods, such as cha gio (spring rolls), Vietnamese bread roll, goi cuon (combination rolls), pho (beef noodles), nuoc mia (sugar cane juice), che (sweetened porridge), and many more traditional dishes were sold in food stalls.
- Vietnamese culture exhibition such as dances, music and fighting style
- áo dài (Vietnamese traditional long robe) fashion parades
- Kids Áo Dài Beauty Contest
- Fun & Games stalls
- Demonstration of Bánh tét cooking: Bánh tét is a Vietnamese cake made primarily from glutinous rice, which is rolled in a banana leaf into a thick, log-like cylindrical shape, with a meat or vegetarian filling (such as mung beans), then steamed. After cooking, the banana leaf is removed and the cake is sliced into wheel-shaped servings.
Vietnamese Tết Exhibition
- Exhibition of art and craft: Dong Ho Painting or Vietnamese woodblock prints refers to a Vietnamese folk art originating in Dong Ho Village. It is one of the most popular Vietnamese folk arts.
- Information Stalls
Kids and Entertainment
- Entertainment with a live band, dances performances and singing;
- Rides and games from Show West (http://www.showwest.com.au/) for kid and family
- Vietnamese Bingo
- Lion dance and fire crackers
- Kung Fu performance
- Vietnamese Idol: a karaoke stage opens to anyone who wished to share his or her voice and sing for the public. Karaoke competition on Saturday.
- For those who like amusements, they could always try a chess game
- Various Displays
- Competitions: Chinese chess game, karaoke, Kids Áo Dài Beauty Contest
Members of the Vietnamese Community Western Australia and the Executive Committee of the Vietnamese Community in Australia/WA Chapter Inc.
The Government of Western Australia & Premier of Western Australia, Hon Colin Barnett
Facts about smoking
- Each year tobacco kills more than 15,500 Australians including close to 1,500 West Australians.
- By creating and demanding smoke free areas you are reducing your risk and the risk of others from being exposed to the dangers of second hand smoke.
- About 85% of Western Australians are non-smokers. It is therefore not surprising there is strong community support for a SmokeFree WA. Overall, experience shows that the vast majority of smokers are also respectful of the rights of others and will comply with smoking restrictions.
- The majority of smokers (about 80%) want to quit.
- The total social costs of tobacco use in Western Australia exceeded $2.4 billion in 2004/05.
- Smoking is a major risk factor for heart disease, stroke, respiratory diseases and a range of cancers. At least half of all committed smokers will die prematurely of a smoking related cause.
- Research has shown that exposure to second hand smoke can cause heart disease, lung cancer, low birth weight babies and some respiratory conditions. Those most vulnerable to the effects of second hand smoke are children and unborn babies.
Sự thật về hút thuốc lá
- Mỗi năm thuốc lá giết chết hơn 15,500 người dân Úc trong đó có gần 1,500 người Tây Úc.
- Nếu chúng ta đòi hỏi các các khu vực cấm hút thuốc, bạn sẽ làm giảm nguy cơ và nguy cơ của những người khác được tiếp xúc với các nguy hiểm của khói thuốc.
- Khoảng 85% dân Tây Úc không hút thuốc. Do đó, không ngạc nhiên khi có sự hỗ trợ mạnh mẽ của cộng đồng cho một số khu vực cấm hút thuốc ỏ Tây Úc. Nhìn chung, kinh nghiệm cho thấy rằng đại đa số người hút thuốc cũng tôn trọng quyền của người khác và sẽ thực hiện theo quy định với những hạn chế hút thuốc lá.
- Đa số người hút thuốc (khoảng 80%) muốn bỏ thuốc lá.
- Các chi phí xã hội của việc sử dụng thuốc lá ở Tây Úc đã vượt quá $ 2,4 tỷ trong năm 2004/05.
- Hút thuốc lá là một yếu tố nguy cơ lớn cho bệnh tim, đột quỵ, bệnh hô hấp và một loạt bệnh ung thư. Ít nhất một nửa của tất cả người hút thuốc sẽ chết sớm vì những nguyên nhân liên quan đến hút thuốc lá.
- Nghiên cứu cho thấy tiếp xúc với khói thuốc có thể gây ra bệnh tim, ung thư phổi, trẻ sơ sinh nhẹ cân và một số điều về đường hô hấp. Những người dễ bị tổn thương nhất là trẻ em và thai nhi.
Tết Festival 2013
Friday 15th & Saturday 16th Feb 2013
Application form HCT 2013 [Form F – FOOD STALL] short ver 230113
Complete form with all the COW forms attached:
Application form HCT 2013 [Form F – FOOD STALL] Full ver 230113
Notification Form for Exempt Food Businesses
General Stall: Non-food
Application form HCT 2013 [Form G – General STALL] short ver 230113
Complete form with all the COW forms attached:
Application form HCT 2013 [Form G – General STALL] Full ver 230113
September 5, 2013
Hi cộng đồng
Cho E hòi thử cộng đồng mình có tổ chức hội chợ người việt, hay môt khu chợ trời của người việt chỉ họp chợ một lần trong tuần không? cộng đồng mình có tổ chức moon festival không? và nếu có thì ở đâu và có được đang ký gian hàng không
em cảm ơn